The Company - An Introduction:
Founded in 1996 under the LORD Consulting company portfolio, LORD Power Equipment was launched in early 2007 as an independent business entity with only an arms-length affiliation with the former. We operate across Australasia and the Pacific Islands, with our Head Office being in Christchurch New Zealand and a mailing office in Sydney.
Founder and CEO, Mr. Trevor Lord, is a tertiary-qualified electrical engineer and third generation service provider to the electrical and power industries. LORD Power Equipment offers the Industry a unique level of service in its quality and diversity of product, including:
- Arguably the most comprehensive, technically-current, and focused range of equipment solutions from one provider, all equipment being carefully selected to support the needs of the Industry in this sector in the most effective manner
- Assistance in implementing both on-line and condition-based maintenance philosophies
- A clear focus on meeting the corporate strategic objectives in a technically and cost-effective manner
- Assistance with client businesses and marketing development strategies to maximize the profit and / or goal potential of LORD services
- Comprehensive training as part of the implementation process
For the Australasian power industry to achieve an internationally enviable level of “best practice” in plant reliability, safety, and delivery of customer assurance outcomes, through our expertise and commitment to a ‘total solutions’ service.
LORD Power Equipment works closely with clients and customers at all levels to ensure that both their desired outcomes and organisational goals are achieved. Strategic issues variously assessed as part of the delivery process include: corporate policy on reliability and performance issues in that regard; maintenance philosophies, practices and policies adopted; priorities identified by client; budget issues; equipment resource; personnel training levels and application proficiency; and associated client marketing / business development matters.
LORD Power Equipment is committed to providing the best available training and commissioning support for all our services. Training is focused on meeting the client’s particular business objective for that service or product. Training programmes are tailored to the client’s circumstances and can be provided on site or in other facilities as required. Assessment and Certificates of Competency are often an integral part of our training programmes.
We also provide regular industry forums to promote new ideas and a better standard of, and commitment to, industry best practice.